Wednesday 30 January 2013

 
 
I am absolutely thrilled to be introducing the lovely Nikki Bywater as my first REVIEWER IN THE SPOTLIGHT. Nikki very kindly underwent an interrogation interview for me and here's what she had to say.
 
JB: So, Nikki, tell me a little about your blog
NIKKI: My blog is called Books4U and I read and review lots of different kind of books on there and also I sometimes have authors as guests for a chat about their books.
JB: How did you come up with the name for your blog?
NIKKI: I wanted so much for my blog to be called The Book Angel, but that name was gone so was about a dozen others that I tried, so getting tired I just thought there must be one name for me and then I thought 4 and came up with Books4U. So glad I did I was getting really stuck for a name! 
JB: What sort of books do you like to read?
NIKKI: I used to read books only about people and paranormal books as an adult, then one day I happened to be in the store Borders as it was about to close down for good and the manager came out and said “All books 10p now” So I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to pick up lots of books no matter what genre. The store was shutting fast so it was a case of having to grab this great chance fast, so you did not have chance to read all the blurbs on the back of the books anyway. So I ended up walking out with three big carrier bags of books for the cost of only about five pounds!  I wanted to try reading all the books and to see if I could find any I liked. Well I read all the books and I found many I loved. So that is how I ended up reading anything. I will read anything! 
JB: Why did you decide to blog?
NIKKI: Working my way through all those books, I felt quite sad just putting the books on my book shelf and I always wondered if there was a way to get more out of a book. Then I met the lovely author Pauline Barclay who told me about book reviewing and I knew this was just what would be perfect for me. So I decided to write a blog and blog about all the books I have read.
JB: How long have you been blogging?
NIKKI:  have been blogging for almost two years now and I love it!
JB: Do you have any other blogs?
NIKKI: Not at the moment, but I may do a completely different one to books in the future.
JB: Do you have an all-time favourite book?
NIKKI: This would be really difficult for me to choose as there are so many that I have read and really liked. I suppose I will always have a soft spot for books by Enid Blyton as these books are what started me off as a child enjoying reading. 
JB: What was your favourite book of 2012?
NIKKI: I really did read a lot of books in 2012 so it is very difficult to choose, I think I would have to go for Mini Skirts and Laughter lines by Carol E. Wyer.
JB:How many books are on your TBR pile for 2013?
NIKKI: I currently have 57 books in my TBR pile!
JB: Which book on your TBR pile are you most looking forward to reading? 
NIKKI: I am actually looking to read each and every one of the books. I just love reading and love starting a new book.
JB: What book surprised you the most? (in other words what book did you read that was not your usual genre and you found yourself enjoying?)
NIKKI:  A book about a group of super heroes, that you would only maybe usually find in comic books. The books are the H.E.R.O series by Kevin Rau, there are about ten in the series and I am on book two.
 
JB: Do you have a favourite author?
NIKKI: I really enjoy Jackie Collins books and Patricia Cornwall too.
JB: Give 3 book recommendations for the readers of Brook Cottage Books.
NIKKI: 1. Mini Skirts and Laughter Lines by Carol E. Wyer. 2. Surfing in Stilettoes also by Carol E. Wyer. Both of these books are just a really fun read and are really good. 3. Any books by Mary O'Sullivan as she writes excellent stories and all her books are really enjoyable reads.
Thank you so much Nikki for taking the time to visit the blog and for kicking off the new 'Reviewer in the Spotlight' feature.
 
 
 

15 Responses so far.

  1. What a refreshing change to read about a book reviewer. And such a good one too! Thank you both. Much appreciated. X

  2. Anonymous says:

    You're one busy lady, Nikki. I love your reviews; they're honest and accurate. You must have a massive book shelf!

    K x

  3. Like Kit I was really pleased to read about a reviewer for a change, especially Nikki who I respect hugely.
    When I saw which books she had chosen as her favourites for 2012 and I felt all fuzzy and warm. You have no idea how much that means to me.
    Thank you Nikki, for your wonderful reviews, not just for my books but I always check to see what you think of others too.
    JontyBabe - thank you for letting us peep behind the scenes of this lovely lady's life!

  4. Mandy says:

    Great post - I love to hear all about the wonderful reviewers!

    Thanks ladies!

    Mandy x

  5. Carol says:

    Great interview, ladies.

    Good to find out more about you Nikki.

    You did really well to read all those books that you grabbed from the closing down sale.

    carol

  6. Nikki says:

    Thank you all for your lovely comments and thank uyou to JB for letting me pop over for her chat on her wonderful blog xx

  7. Awesome post, it's so nice to find out more about the people behind the blogs: Fabulous idea! Good luck with your TBR, Nikki!

    JB ~ I have nominated you for an award over on my blog! http://wp.me/p1HzVM-Sz Congrats!! xxx

  8. Lovely to hear the 'back' story on how Nikki started! Inspiring interview JB. Love it.

  9. Love it! Interviewing reviewers - fab idea! It's lovely to find out a little more about the person behind the review - and what possesses you to keep reading and writing the reviews! Boy, are we glad that you do! Reviewers, readers and writers love you! :) xx

  10. Deedee says:

    Thanks everyone for the great comments. Thanks to Nikki for letting us all peek into her life. x

  11. Nikki's blog is lovely, but I didn't see any contact link/info. How can we get in touch with her?

  12. Nikki says:

    Thank you all for your kind comments. Karen my contact info is:

    http://nikkis-books4u.blogspot.com/

    http://www.facebook.com/nikki.bywater/

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nikki-Bywater-Paranormal-Investigator/187907631233832

    http://twitter.com/NikkiiNola/

    http://plus.google.com/110677679088457963630/

  13. Janice says:

    Great post and great interview! Loved it!

  14. Nikki says:

    Thank you Janice x

  15. Melanie says:

    Loved the interview. It was sad when Borders shut its doors but you made out like a bandit in that final sale, Nikki.

    Thanks, too, for the lovely review you gave to my novel.

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign