Wednesday 21 October 2015

Emma and her Daughter by Linda Mitchelmore 

Series: Emma Le Goff # 3

Release Date: 9th January 2015 / PB 7th December 2015
Publisher: Choc Lit
Genres: Family Saga / Romance


I am thrilled to welcome the lovely Linda Mitchelmore  to the blog today with a great author interview.
 

Do you write under your real name or a pen name?

My novels are all published under my real (married) name of Linda Mitchelmore, as are most of the 300 or so short stories I’ve had published. However, there were a couple of occasions when a magazine editor asked for a second name (and third) name from me when she wanted to publish more than one of my stories in the same magazine issue. So, I’ve also written as Annie Giles-Davies and Sarah James, but not for some time.

Where are you from?

I was born, raised, educated, and still live in Devon on the beautiful English Riviera. I live just fifteen minutes walk from the sea and if I walk fifteen minutes in the other direction I look out over farmland to Hay Tor on Dartmoor. I am blessed!

Did you write as a child?

I have a vivid memory of stitching three or four sheets of paper together down the centre with wool and a big needle to make a book. I remember illustrating the cover but not what it was or what I wrote about. Making my own books was a fairly regular activity in the pre-television days! Alas, my mother was not a hoarder and everything was thrown out … sigh.

What was the first thing you ever had published?

A poem about my then eight year old son going to Cub camp. It was published in People’s Friend and was nicely illustrated. It earned me all of ten pounds and I bought a little necklace which I still have and wear.

Do you have a writing routine?

If I have a deadline, or am doing edits then yes, I do. I breakfast at 7 a.m. and am at my desk by 8 a.m. all showered and dressed and in for the duration until my husband brings me coffee at 11 a.m.

Do you have any writing rituals?

Ah, well … I simply can’t write in my jimjams or trackie pants. I always assume someone will call so I dress fairly tidily – sort of smart casual, although I am no fashion plate.

Do you have a current work in progress?

I do. I’ve just had the third book, EMMA AND HER DAUGHTER (Choc Lit) in my historical trilogy published in ebook and it’s due out in paperback on 7th December 2015, so that’s the end of ‘Emma’s’ story. I’ve just started a contemporary novel, loosely titled PAST PERFECT.

Where did the idea for your book come from?

The idea for PAST PERFECT came to me when I went to a school reunion, having left said school about fifty years ago. It was strange how many of us still felt connected to, and through, one other old school pal who wasn’t there that day. The setting of much of it is an ice cream parlour on the English Riviera owned by an Italian and that came about because I spent an awesome amount of time in one as a teenager!

Who was the first person you gave your book to to read?

I don’t let anyone read a work-in-progress – an agent or publisher is the first to see it - although I do read little snippets of it out at my writing group, Brixham Writers.

Do you have any advice for budding writers?

Follow your heart, and your instincts.


@lindamitchelmor (there is no e on the end of my Twitter)

About Linda Mitchelmore




Linda Mitchelmore is something of a late starter in her writing life. Losing her hearing prompted her to read more, and the natural progression to that was to try and write something herself. She has now had over 300 short stories published worldwide as well as four full length novels and two novellas (all by Choc lit). She has had wonderful support from her husband, Roger, and her two adult children, James and Sarah, as well as her many friends, all of whom she drags out to book-signings on a regular basis! When Linda isn’t writing she can be found walking along the coast (her favourite place to walk) or through the Devon lanes – anywhere there might be a pub lunch on the end of it. Gardening is also another love and she’s been lucky enough to go on garden tour holidays with a cousin, who organises such things on a commercial basis, to France, Belgium, Italy, Ireland, Holland, and many places in the UK. Linda’s two grandchildren (naturally the most beautiful and cleverest grandchildren in the world) are called Alexander and Emily Rose and they are a huge part of her life and she sees them regularly, and has them to stop weekends. She will be forever grateful to the world that writing has opened up for her and the wonderful people she has met on her writing journey. So, deafness might have kick-started her writing career but it’s an ill wind that blows nobody any good and all that. 


 ABOUT EMMA AND HER DAUGHTER


Can ‘second love’ be true love?
 
It’s 1927 and Emma has returned to England from Canada with her teenage daughter, Fleur. After the tragedies of the past, Emma is ready to start again in Devon, the place she used to call home – despite the bittersweet memories it brings back.
But memories are not the only thing that she has to contend with. There’s also the secret she’s been keeping from her daughter; the secret that’s revealed when an unwelcome visitor comes back and threatens to turn their lives upside down.
Throughout it all Matthew Caunter is rarely far from Emma’s thoughts and, as it happens, much closer than she thinks. Could he be the key to her finally finding happiness, or will Emma discover the hard way that some people are just destined for heartache?




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24479880-emma-and-her-daughter?from_search=true&search_version=service

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Emma-her-Daughter-Linda-Mitchelmore-ebook/dp/B00RQQ5G28/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445190032&sr=8-1&keywords=Emma+and+her+daughter http://www.amazon.com/Emma-her-Daughter-Linda-Mitchelmore-ebook/dp/B00RQQ5G28/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1445190319&sr=8-2




- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign