Tuesday 22 September 2015

A Tiny Feeling of Fear by M Jonathan Lee 
Release Date:14th September 2015
Publisher:The Solopreneur Publishing Ltd
Genres: Contemporary Fiction

Brook Cottage Books is thrilled to welcome M Jonathan Lee to the blog with a great author interview.
 

 
AUTHOR INTERVIEW 
 
 

Do you write under your real name or is this a pen name you use?

I write almost under my own name! I write as M Jonathan Lee. The ‘M’ is the only fictional part of my name. It came about after a slight legal tangle with an already established author with the same name. In the end I agreed to add a letter to differentiate us.


Where are you from?

I’m from a small mining town in northern England.


Did you write as a child?


Absolutely. From almost as young as I can remember. I have always been obsessed by storytelling. As a ten year old a friend and I self-published a magazine for about three years. We sold around 600 copies!


What was the first thing you ever had published?


My debut novel, The Radio came second in a national competition for new authors here in England. It was published in early 2013.


Do you have a writing routine?


Yes. I book time slots in my diary and stick to them rigidly, even if I don’t feel like writing. It soon flows once I sit down in front of the screen. [see below for more information]


Do you have any writing rituals? 


Yes. I need loud music and solitude. I find that the easiest way to write is simply to write what you are feeling that date. Don’t try and limit yourself by writing chronologically. In my mind, if I’ve had an awful day there is no point in trying to write a happy scene. Write what you feel. It comes out so much better.


Do you have a current work in progress?


Yes, a couple. I am writing The Knot which is the third and final instalment on The The trilogy (The Radio came first, then The Page). I am also researching and writing my first non-fiction book which is a music biography of a Massachusetts based band. My new novel A Tiny Feeling of Fear is released next month.


Where did the idea for your book come from?


A Tiny Feeling of Fear is in some ways autobiographical and deals with mental health issues and ultimately is a story of hope. My brother sadly committed suicide in 2004 and I wish he had talked more. I am hopeful my new novel will save somebody somewhere.


Who was the first person you gave the book to read?
My editor. Nobody else can see it until it is complete.


Do you have any advice for budding authors?


Absolutely. Write what you feel. Don’t write chronologically. Join online writing forums. And ask for help. Most authors are happy to give their time or advice to help you along. 


Author links – www.jonathanleeauthor.com




Book Blurb – “I’ve made a decision to become the only person on this planet to be entirely truthful about everything.
I’ve never told anyone my secrets before.
I’m hoping that being honest with you may just save my life.
And perhaps yours.”

Author bio – M Jonathan Lee is an award winning author from England. His first novel, The Radio was shortlisted for the Novel Prize 2012. His second novel, The Page quickly became the #5 moist downloaded thriller on Amazon in January 2015. A Tiny Feeling of Fear is his third novel. He fits his writing around looking after his five children.








- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign