Friday 14 August 2015

Fifty Shades of Roxie Brown

Release Date: 28th July 2015
Publisher: Raucous Publishing
Genres: Comedy / Humour

Brook Cottage Books is thrilled to welcome the hilarious Lynda Renham to the blog. Lynda kindly agreed to an interrogation interview! So, read on!




Do you write under your real name or is this a pen name you use?


No one will ever know my real name. Do you think I am mad? That woman you see is not me. That’s not my real hair. I’m very like Lady Gaga actually, well aside from the Fame bit but I’m still working on that. I did try to get a meat dress but my local butcher never seemed to have any spare meat over for a dress. I’ve given up asking. Do you think a fish dress would work just as well? What was the question again?  Oh yes, real name. No I don’t. I dropped the Cook bit at the end. Well let’s face it I’m useless in the kitchen. Only today I managed to chilli my eye. Anyway I’m not so sure my husband would want his name connected to me and the novels so I just use the Renham bit that way I can just embarrass my family.


Where are you from?


I originated from my mother’s womb. I understand she tried to shove me back but you know how that doesn’t work. So as my parents were living in Essex at the time that was where I arrived, kicking and screaming. I’ve been kicking and screaming ever since but not always in Essex. And no, I don’t dance around my handbag EVER!


Did you write as a child?


Yes, and I got better and better so that when I became an adult I was quite good at it and went on to write stories. 


What was the first thing you ever had published?


It was a poem about my bunny rabbit. I was about seven and my dad sent it to Harold Hare magazine and they accepted it. It is the only time a magazine didn’t reject me. I’ve had tons of rejections since. Perhaps I should lie about my age. Although I do that already.


Do you have a writing routine?


Had to pick myself up off the floor when I read that question, I was laughing so much. Does raiding the fridge every fifteen minutes and dancing around to Lady Gaga count as a writing routine? No I thought not. Basically that’s it. Raiding the fridge, watching Lady Gaga on You Tube (I’m a little obsessed with her, did you guess?) I usually knuckle down to writing sometime after lunch.



Do you have any writing rituals


Raiding the fridge every fifteen minutes.


Do you have a current work in progress?


No not at the moment. I’m taking a long hard rest from writing and raiding the fridge. I’m going to Slimming World.


Where did the idea for your book come from?


It came to me one night before falling asleep as many of my ideas do.



Who was the first person you gave the book to to read? 


My husband Andrew who is my fiercest critic and if he cracks a smile, then I know it is funny.

Do you have any advice for budding authors?


I must answer this one seriously. I would always advise a budding author to have faith in themselves and not to undervalue their work by feeling they have to sell it for next to nothing. Don’t take it too seriously. The charts on Amazon aren’t everything. Building up a relationship with your reader is far more important. Value your work, value yourself and know it all takes time. 


FIFTY SHADES OF ROXIE BROWN


 Roxie Brown loves erotica and her friend, Sylvie, loves crime … novels of course. On a girls' night out they meet The Great Zehilda, the tea leaf reader, and suddenly Roxie’s Fifty Shades fantasies about her millionaire boss, Ark Morgan, look about to become a reality. But then she looks through the telescope and her life is turned upside down. Roxie and Sylvie, with help from Sylvie’s flatmate, Felix, set out to crack the case. Can Ark Morgan save her or is he the man she should be running from? Then enter Sam Lockwood and her heart is shot with another arrow. Come with Roxie Brown on her hilarious crime-busting romantic adventure and discover if the love of her life is the man of her dreams or if the man she loves is her worst nightmare.


Author links – Links
Webpage www.renham.co.uk
Facebook author page  
http://on.fb.me/1uzNKEx
 
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Lyndarenham
 
Amazon link to ‘Fifty Shades of Roxie Brown’
http://amzn.to/1ge2x6m
 
 
 
Croissants and Jam (Currently 99p)
http://amzn.to/1Ms6ekW

Bio


Lynda Renham is famous for her romantic comedy novels. She has been called A Comedian in a Book, Chicklit Royalty and A Comic Genius. Her writing style has been likened to Sophie Kinsella but is refreshingly down to earth with characters that become your friends. Lynda is a prolific writer, blogger and when not writing can usually be found wasting her time on Facebook.

Lynda lives in Oxfordshire with her second husband and cat. Her web page: www.renham.co.uk



http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fifty-Shades-Roxie-Romantic-Comedy-ebook/dp/B010GNOZ92/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1438863187&sr=1-3&keywords=lynda+renham

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign