Monday 17 March 2014

Shannon Aguerri is a tough inner city copy who has been transferred to a local village and is now the village bobby. Shannon is unlike anything the villagers have ever seen and unsure of what to think of her at first, she soon becomes a part of village life. Yes, some of her methods are unconventional and she might be a bit gobby, but Shannon soon falls into her role...............and into the arms of an Earl! A very sexy Earl! And she falls hard.  Throw into the mix a dead girl, drugs and possibly human trafficking AND a rival for the Earl's affections, and Shannon soon begins to wonder if she is out of her depth. 

Shannon's law is fast paced from start to finish. Shannon is a strong willed female character and takes no nonsense from anyone. She is tough but fair and I liked that side of her. We get to see her vulnerable side where the Earl is concerned and she is unsure of her place in his world. At the heart of the book is a love story between two very different people who society would not expect to be together. There are some very very racy sex scenes in the book which are quite explicit and had me heading for a cold shower! An enjoyable read.

7 Responses so far.

  1. Hi JB. I always enjoy reading your reviews - particularly when it's for one of my own books and you liked it! Thanks for taking the time to read it and share your thoughts. I'm so pleased you enjoyed it! Emma x

  2. Wow - heading for a cold shower! It's on my Kindle and I can't wait to indulge in an Emma Calin 'hot weekend'. I'll sit by the fan, JB!

  3. Another fabulous review, Emma. Well done you! I have to say I love Emma's writing and this review confirms this one is well worth indulging in. Thanks for sharing, JB! :) xx

  4. Mandy says:

    Love this review and I can't wait to get to this book on my Kindle!

    Mandy

  5. Thanks for sharing, JB! Sounds like a fun read. I love when unlikely people fall for each other, too!

  6. Nice Review

    This is such an awesome book - I loved it! 5 stars from me and the heat level 4 flames. The characters humor, the drama, the mystery behind solving the crimes, and the romance will definitely captivate you making it a fun read.

  7. Anonymous says:

    Don't miss reading this book. It's a good one!

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign